The Ontario Motor Coach Association and Motor Coach Canada actively advocate for the following initiatives:
- Redevelop Ontario’s motor coach network to reconnect communities that are no longer serviced by bus or train.
- Provide long-term strategic funding to support motor coach and group travel suppliers to assist in the recovery, rebuilding, and sustainability of Ontario’s tourism and group travel sector.
- Introduce a Gas Tax Rebate for private motorcoach operators and charters to help alleviate financial burdens and ensure route options remain available to Ontarians.
- Directly support private motor coach operators by;
- Providing a 5% carve-out in all federal transit investments for private operators. and by;
- Including private operators as eligible recipients in current the Rural Transit Fund, the Federal Gas Tax Fund and any new Permanent Transit Funding programs.
- Invest in the development of a National Motor Coach Transportation Network
If you have any questions about these initiatives or OMCA’s advocacy efforts, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.